Thursday, February 11, 2010

Rough Road Ahead

Well we have worked ourselves into quite the pickle. With the wife working part time since last May and my almost 3 months off last fall, we are no longer in a position to pay our mortgage. We have tried to work with our mortgage company and they are unwilling to help out in any way. They have pretty much told us that the only options are Short Sale, Deed in lieu of Foreclosure, or Foreclosure. I am not sure what we are going to do and I am feeling more and more like a complete failure.

I have failed myself, our families, and most of all my wife. I am not sure what is running through my head and where we go from here. All I know is that it will be a long road. I also know that it is easy to see why people can get depressed, become alcoholics, and divorces happen because of this type of thing. Kris and I are strong and on the same page with this whole thing, but Foreclosure just makes people so irritable and grumpy which is what makes it all the more stressful.

Blah.......

4 comments:

  1. Yikes Greg... I mean YIKES!

    Will you be able to find another place?

    I will certainly keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers!

    Hang in there... Don't let this tear you and the wife apart! This is the time to unite, and work together!

    I can understand why you feel the way you do... But try your best to ignore those things, and keep your mind focued on what is next.

    Keep us informed...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This makes me teary....there is a plan...you just don't know it yet...and God is giggling.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Greg, I have been thinking so much about you guys and praying that you know how to handle this. It is a HARD HARD situation.

    the beauty of times of what seem like failure to us is (if we allow) can really become a time of strengthening....no matter how much this hurts, know that God IS on your side!!!

    ReplyDelete