Friday, October 26, 2007

Where has the time gone?

It seems like it has been many days since my last post, instead of just a couple days. This is what tends to happen to me while on nights, I come home and sleep until the target goal of 3 pm. Yesterday, when I was going to post, I had my alarm set for the normal time and I was supper tired so I thought there would be a good chance that I would make it to 3. At 2 I woke up and thought "aw shit, now I will probably be up". This was not the case. I guess I fell back asleep and proceeded to not wake up until 4:15 which means I was now running a little late and I didn't get to spend much time with the E. So it was a hectic run a round to get moving and get to work. Then at work things slowed down a little........for a while. Around 10 pm I was called by my Sgt. and told I was going to be one of the 2 people in charge of moving an unhappy detainee to our Segregation unit.

So at 10:15 my fellow deputy and I went into this unit, went to the guys cell, and asked very politely for him to kneel on the chair and put his hands behind his back to be handcuffed. Well he had a different plan and started to scream and yell and throw a tantrum like a 2 year old. Now I have never claimed to be the most patient man alive, and I had a problem when I first started in this job with my patience. I usually had the "I wear a badge and brown, so you will do what I say" attitude, and it got me no where. I have become increasingly more patient when it comes to dealing with the crooks over my 3 years at the jail, and it is something I am proud of. 2 years ago they never would have let me talk to a crook during an incident, and usually I was just there to do the rough stuff. Well let me say that last night I talked my face off and still ended up doing the rough stuff.

As I talked to this crook, he got back on the chair and I went in to cuff him. Well I got one cuff on and then he started to turn around on me. This was not good. Luckily when I put a little bit of pressure on the cuff and put an arm bar to take the crook to the ground, he became cooperative. The rest of the move went smooth and things were quiet again. Then around 2am a local PD came in with your typical DWI who was going to be a keeper in the jail. He was a little grumpy so Myself and the same deputy from before, went back to change the guy out. Well when the guy was changing a nice wooden box dropped out of his panties. I told the new crook to back up against the wall while my partner picked up the box. Lo and behold the box contained a one hitter weed pipe and a bunch of weed. YEEEE HAAAAAA!!!! It was a good night at the jail.

Have I mentioned Rodney is tomorrow night?? That is right, it is now less than 24hrs away and all I can say is WOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

A little while ago I read "Cakerwakers" blog about having a crush on Steve, the old Blu.es Clu.es guy, and I thought it was funny that she would have a mini crush on a TV personality. Well I have to say that I think that I have my own little crush on a celebrity that I have never met and probably never will. Any guesses?? I bet you think it is some young hollywood starlet who is blonde, skinny, and completely stupid. OH NO MY FRIENDS. This is my little star crush.


That is right.......it is the country music star, Sarah Ev.ans! I don't know what it is about her, but every time her new video "As If" comes on the ol CMT, I stop what I am doing and watch it. She is just so beautiful and not your normal celebrity. HELLO SARA, boo Paris!!!!

And now I will close this little post by saying.............................I AM GOING TO RODNEY AND YOU ARE NOT SUCKA'S!!!!! HA HA HA J/K. But really.......

Greg

No comments:

Post a Comment